For modern homes, a washer is an indispensable appliance to have. No contemporary home does not have a washer with them because of their ability to quickly wash your clothes clean. As a homeowner in Singapore, it is then important to know how to choose the right washing machine. Let our washer buying guide in Singapore help you pick your desired washer based on what is standard and based on your preferences as well.
Washer Buying Guide in Singapore
Choosing a washer can be tough, considering all the various washers available on the market. In our washer buying guide in Singapore, we will discuss all the various types of washers, their features, their benefits, and others. We hope that after reading our buying guide, you can conveniently pick the washer that best suits your preferences.
Type of Washer
There are three common types of washers: front load, top load agitator, and top load impeller. Each of these types has its own pros and cons. Below, we will discuss each of them.
- The top load agitator is a conventional and very common washer. At the point when you open the top lid, you will see the long agitator at the center, which is the primary washing power. During a cycle, it washes against the garments to get them clean.
- The top load impeller washer, on the other hand, is the most up to date class of washer. Instead of an agitator, they utilize an impeller at the base to swoosh the garments to and fro, and the tub itself moves as a component of the wash stroke.
- Finally, we have the front load washer. Rather than utilizing an agitator to wash the garments, it relies upon one article scouring against another, so the cycle is gentler on garments. They do not utilize a lot of water, just filling to simply underneath the entryway. Huge things will wash better in a front load, and they turn extremely quick, giving you a head start on the drying cycle.
Midea MFK868W Front Load Washing Machine 8kg$699.00699
Midea MFK968W Front Load Washing Machine 9kg$799.00799
Midea MF200D85 Washer – Dryer$929.00929
ELBA EWD 7512 VT 7.0/5.0KG Front Load Washer Cum Dryer$999.00999
Midea MF768W Front Load Washer$519.00519
Midea MT740S Top Load Washer 7kg$309.00309
Midea MT860S / MT865S Top Load Washer 8kg$349.00349
EuropAce EFW 5700S Front Load Washer 7.0kg$549.00549
Midea MA200W85 Top Load Washer 8.5kg$459.00459
In terms of the type of washer, you might want to consider going through these points to give you an idea of how they are different from each other:
- Energy Efficiency. The front-loading washing machine is more efficient in energy than that of the regular top-load washing machine. This is because it needs less water and less energy for heating water. It is also best to consider how energy-efficient the washer is in the electricity labels.
- Consumption of water. A front-loading washer needs about 13 gallons per wash load. The generic top-loading washing machine, on the other hand, utilizes around 30 to 45 gallons per load.
- Loading and Unloading the Laundry. The laundry in the top-load washer is more convenient to load than the front-loading washing machine. This is because the latter requires you to bend your body when loading and unloading garments. The top-loading washer is quite hard to unload especially if you have short arms.
- Detergent. The front-loading washing machine utilizes less detergent and water. It even uses low-sud detergent. The top-loading washer, on the other hand, utilizes standard detergent. This means that you would be needing more water to remove the suds and lather.
Load of the Washer
Decide the number of garments in seven days you have to clean. A washer with a 2.3 cubic feet limit could deal with six towels for every load. While on a jumbo comforter, a 4.5 cubic feet washer could match. The 6.2 cubic feet is appropriate for you in the event that you need a greater washer. This washer can fit around 17 towels of full size per load. Then again, you need heaps of water and cleanser in the event that you pick a major washer. Similarly, you will wind up washing frequently in the event that you pick a small washer.
Drum or Tub of the Washer
The tub of the washer could be made of either plastic, stainless steel, or porcelain material. Various kinds of washers are additionally unique as far as price and endurance are concerned. The stainless steel is more affordable than plastic and porcelain veneers. The most strong, nonetheless, is stainless steel. You could likewise pick the plastic tubs that are more sturdy than the crackable finish pipes.
The cost of washers on our HomeStore usually ranges from SGD 248 to SGD 918. However, other washers beyond what is currently available could reach up to SGD 5000. It depends on the washer’s product size, features, and form. You can buy a washer that is within your budget limit.
Settings of the Washers
You may look for a washer that features the things that we are going to mention below:
- Wash Settings. There are a couple of washers that can be tweaked with washing settings. These incorporate delicate wash, standard or cotton wash, fast treatment, and auto drench or additional washing. You can utilize a rotational control to change the arrangement.
- Cycles of washing. A washer normally has a customary cycle or cotton wash. It might likewise have a perpetual press or the sensitive cycle known as the shading cycle. You can likewise discover a washer for extra sensitive garments with a hand-wash cycle. Meanwhile, you may have a washer with the mass cycle for the covers and cushions. This sort of washer additionally has a few kinds of washing clock in minutes wherein is customizable.
- Temperature Control. Numerous washers have command over the temperature. These are warm, hot, and cold. In view of particular kinds of material, you have to change the temperature. The chilly temperature is for fragile garments, while the warm temperature is for towels, cloth and sheets, cotton, and even plastic diapers. Among different things, the warm is utilized to clean child garments, sheets, cotton, and plastic diapers.
Having a substandard washer with limited features could cause it to break easily. While our HomeRepair can fix and tweak your washers, it would only be more worth it if you only buy the quality washers. We hope our washer buying guide in Singapore has helped you look for the right appliance that you wish to include in your home.